Re: problems with motif developer 2000 on VMS

From: <colerick_at_borg.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 13:37:16 GMT

[Quoted] Your problem sounds very much like the problem I encountered and worked with oracle support on last week. I had the database server installed and running along with various other products included web application server and developer 1.6 on a Solaris box. I realize that you're on VMS but the solution could be the same so stick with me. I couldn't even get the motif version of the installer to run. I kept getting an error about a windows system startup failure.

Potential Solution: Try installing into a different Oracle Home. This is really easy to do. When you log in, your ORACLE_HOME environment variable should be already set. Choose a new location to install the new product like /opt/app/oracle/product/dev21 and create that directory structure. Then do a
setenv ORACLE_HOME /opt/app/oracle/product/dev21 (cshell), thereby changing your oracle_home. Try installing and running the product. Remember that if this works, you will need to change your ORACLE_HOME variable everytime you start a new session. I think I've seen oracle documentation on managing multiple oracle homes but don't know where off the top of my head. Good luck.

Ken Colerick
colerick_at_borg.com