Re: problems with motif developer 2000 on VMS

From: Andrew Hodgson <andrew_at_tcamiga.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:13:21 +0100

In article <362b3f00.403842234_at_news.rl.af.mil>, colerick_at_borg.com writes
>Your problem sounds very much like the problem .....
>Yada, Yada, Yada
>Ken Colerick
>colerick_at_borg.com
>

>On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 16:51:24 +0800, Richard Styles
><rstyles_at_acs.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
>
>>We get the error FRM-91111 when trying to start the
>>motif version of Developer 2000 on VMS. I would be
>>interested to hear from any VMS-people who have this
>>working.
>>
>>Versions:
>>VMS 7.1 (Alpha)
>>Oracle 7.3.2.3.2
>>Dev 2000 1.3.2
>>DECWindows Motif v1.2-4 ECO1
>>Multinet v4.0 Rev C
>>eXcursion v7.1.732 on WIN NT 4 workstation
>>
>>This is a standard installation of Oracle which
>>has been working well for some time but the first
>>time we have tried Dev 2000 motif. Other motif
>>applications (Bookreader etc) work fine and we
>>have tried the set display/create... command.
>>
>>Attached below is part of the debug output when we
>>try to run F45DESM. TK2MOTIF.RGB and PREFS.ORA
>>were copied unchanged into the sys$login area.
>>
>>Thanks for your help
>>
>>Richard Styles
>>
>>Debug output:
>>
> Lots of hideous C code dump.....

I agree with Ken's comment, try to install from a different oracle home directory. If you've done this and are still having problems, check the VMS session you're using has the security settings to allow motif windows to be opened on the head terminal. This can also be a cause of window system startup failures.

--
           |    Andrew Hodgson - Andrew_at_tcamiga.demon.co.uk   |
           |                     www.tcamiga.demon.co.uk      |