Re: Bar graph in Forms 4.5

From: Andrew Hodgson <andrew_at_tcamiga.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:16:27 +0100

In article <70ggel$qjn_at_bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>, Paul Dorsey <pdorsey.dulcian_at_worldnet.att.net> writes
>Use Oracle graphics.
>
>--
>Paul Dorsey
>Dulcian, Inc.
>www.dulcian.com
>212 595 7223
>Mark Styles wrote in message <362b57c6.24547437_at_news.intra.bt.com>...
>>Hi, hope someone can help me with this!
>>
>>I have a 4.5 form, with a multi row block.
>>Each row is a 'process'.
>>I would like to graphically show the progress of each process with a
>>kind of bargraph.
>>Each process can be in one of 5 states, so if you imagine a bar from 0
>>to 100%, each phase would fill 20% of the bar.
>>
>>e.g.:
>>
>>process 01 * * * *
>>process 02 * * *
>>process 07 * * * * *
>>process 12 *
>>
>>The asterisks would be represented more graphically.
>>
>>I want the colour of the bar to reflect the status of the process,
>>green for ok, red for failed.
>>
>>So far, the only way I've found to do this is to have two bitmaps held
>>on disk, one red and one green, wide enough to cover 20% of the bar. I
>>then populate up to 5 non base columns with the relevant image, using
>>read_image_file. This works, but it is very slow. Can anyone offer a
>>way to speed it up, or a better solution to the problem?
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>>
>>Mark Styles
>>Spam my account, lose your account. Clear enough?
>>Religious tolerance is an oxymoron.

Yes, you should be able to design the graph you want in graphics, make it query the database when opened, then embed it into your target form. Graphics will also allow timers, so you could have your graph refresh in response to data changes.

--
           |    Andrew Hodgson - Andrew_at_tcamiga.demon.co.uk   |
           |                     www.tcamiga.demon.co.uk      |