Re: Forms Cartridge.

From: <colerick_at_borg.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 13:41:06 GMT

On 19 Oct 1998 10:11:32 GMT, "Freedom" <gres0124_at_natref.com> wrote:

>When we run a form from a oracle web application its so slow on startup,
>how can we improve this response time ?
>
>This is very critical.
>
>I'll appreciate any help.

The documentation says that you can use the f50web.jar instead of f50all.jar to speed up the process. Alternatively you could install the jar files to each local client instead of downloading it each time. Depends on your user base. I don't know if cacheing them works yet, maybe with jinitiator, but at some point you should be able to cache them using applet tags and that would keep the jars from always downloading.

Good luck
Ken Colerick
colerick_at_borg.com Received on Mon Oct 19 1998 - 15:41:06 CEST

Original text of this message