Re: adding users with des 2k

From: Valery A. Sorokin <vsorokin_at_dd.ru>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 15:05:24 +0300

After creating Oracle user and adding it to the repository try to set Type to MANAGER instead USER in Repository User Properties Dialog.

I hope this will help you.

krose_at_cs.mun.ca wrote:

> Im running Oracle Enterprise Server 8.0.4.0.0 and the latest version of
> Designer 2000.
>
> I have the thing up and runinng so that I can connect from the client machine
> using repos/manager and work with my application system. Now im trying to add
> other users by:
>
> 1. I did a create like on the server end to create a user testuser/welcome
> from user repos. This is probably my mistake - im not sure hw to create a
> user witht he required roles privledges for des 2k.
>
> 2. From repository admin utility I added this user and reconciled.
>
> 3. From repository navigator I granted this user all permissions to
> application system.
>
> Whn I try to connect as testuser/welcome I get a CDI-20039. I think prob is in
> step in that I dont know how to create the proper user in Oracle.
>
> Can anyone help me. thanxs

Valery A. Sorokin
ProSoft, Russia, Moscow, Information Systems Division
Phone: +7 (095) 234 0636 (6 lines) FAX: +7 (095) 234 0640
E-mail: vsorokin_at_dd.ru OR vsorokin_at_prosoftmpc.msk.su
http://www.dd.ru