Re: Oracle installer thinks my ORANT home is of the wrong type

From: Oscar Paredes <oscar_at_fib.upc.es>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:20:17 +0200

Richard Styles wrote:

> After installing an Oracle Mentor computer based training CD on my
> Win NT 4 workstation I get an error when I try to install any other
> Oracle products. The installer tells me that that my ORANT home can't
> be used for NT because it is used by Windows (95?). What is the
> installer looking at? I can't see anything obvious in the registry that
> defines the type of Oracle home. What about the installer directory?
>
> Any tips on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Richard Styles

In the directory ORACLE_HOME/orainst you probably have two file *.rgs WIN95.rgs and WINDOWS.rgs, you have to delete one of them (previous a backup!).
I had then same problem and i delete the windows.rgs, after all well.

Oscar Paredes Received on Wed Oct 14 1998 - 10:20:17 CEST

Original text of this message