oracle named pipes

From: <ruzi_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 07:20:07 GMT

[Quoted] I'm working with ORACLE7. In my application, I want to call programs from outside via PL/SQL. The onliest possibility I have is to call programs via a named pipe. This is provides by the DBMS_PIPE-Package. This is a very uncomfortable way of communication. Normally in other programming languages I can find a comfortable API. I want to call a C/C++- or COBOL-program.

Now my question: Is there someone, who wrote a package or function in PL/SQL, that you can communicate via the named pipe so comfortable as via an API? Where can I find such a package or function? What are the conditions to use such a solution?