Oracle installer thinks my ORANT home is of the wrong type

From: Richard Styles <rstyles_at_acs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 12:59:07 +0800

[Quoted] After installing an Oracle Mentor computer based training CD on my Win NT 4 workstation I get an error when I try to install any other Oracle products. The installer tells me that that my ORANT home can't be used for NT because it is used by Windows (95?). What is the installer looking at? I can't see anything obvious in the registry that defines the type of Oracle home. What about the installer directory?

Any tips on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Richard Styles Received on Wed Oct 14 1998 - 06:59:07 CEST

Original text of this message