Re: HELP ! Oracle Terminal

From: Izabella <Izabella.Urbanek_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 08:42:39 +1000

Hi,

I had a similar problem recently and they were two issues there that I had to resolve. One was that I couldn't specify another resource file to use other than the fmrcvt220.res. So, what I ended up doing was renaming the original file and having one of my own called fmrcvt220.res in the directory specified by (I think) $FORMS45_TERMINAL.

The other issue was that the original file supplied with the installation was corrupted (for lack of the better word) and no matter what changes I made to it, they were not reflected in the application. I called Oracle Support and after a few days of discussions they send me a new resource file. I could modify the new file and the problem was fixed. Before I got the new file, I tried converting the resource file to text, reparsing it and using other wonderful tools on it, none of which have worked. I think the problem could be that when you open the original resource file, it actually says Forms 4.0 in the description, wheras the new file has Forms 4.5!

Hope this helps
Izabella