Re: DBMS_OUTPUT in PL/SQL package . . .

From: Sergei Kuchin <skuchin_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 01:20:16 -0500

That's the way DBMS_OUTPUT works. You can try to use utl_file package instead of dbms_output. If you are in Unix, keep writing debug output into
a file and in another xterm run tail -f file_name. It will show output "real-time"

Another way is to write a daemon that is getting messages from a PL/SQL proc via an Oracle pipe and writing it to standard output.

Sergei