DBMS_OUTPUT in PL/SQL package . . .

From: Susan Frady <sfrady_at_mail.sdsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 16:24:25 -0700

[Quoted] Hi All -

[Quoted] I have a PL/SQL database procedure to which I've added some DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE statments as an aid to debugging. The thing is, I don't receive these messages "real-time," while the procedure is actually running through the selected records. It finishes processing and then spits out the messages, almost as an afterthought.

Is this just the way DBMS_OUTPUT is processed, or is there a way to get the messages as processing occurs?

Any info will be appreciated!

Susan Frady
San Diego State University Received on Fri Sep 25 1998 - 01:24:25 CEST

Original text of this message