Re: DBMS_OUTPUT in PL/SQL package . . .

From: Saeed Rana <saeed_at_nms-sys-ltd.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:48:40 +0100

Susan,

The best way I found (though perhaps not the best way in absolute terms) was to write to an operating system file using the UTL_FILE package. I have to say that it worked really well, and since no database table are being written to (???) my guess is that impact on performance is not as great as in using pipes to write to tables. I tried using pipes before I settled on this method, but found them all too flakey in handling many request per second. If you send me a email I'll try to dig out the package and forward it onto you.

Regards

--
Saeed Rana