Re: DBMS_OUTPUT in PL/SQL package . . .

From: Patrick Flahan <flahan_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 00:00:31 -0400

That is the way DBMS_OUTPUT works. If you want to get real-time feedback you have to get creative. I haven't done it but I have heard others say that you can use PIPES to do this. Or you could write the outputs to a generic table and then select the info written (after committing the insert). This method can hinder performance somewhat and you would have to be careful when you did your commits that you didn't commit something you did not want to. Or you can just wait till the program is done.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
Patrick Flahan
flahan_at_earthlink.net

PS - If anyone has used PIPEs for debugging I would like to know more about how that is implemented. Thanks.