Re: PO8 and D2K 2.1 - No interface driver connected - Please help us...

From: Jon T. Day <jday_at_msmailgw.sdsmt.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 13:52:35 -0600

> Also, which tnsnames file is being used? I have one in Net8/admin and one in
> Network/admin.

I don't know if this information will help you. But what I did was have identical
copies of the *.ora file (which I didn't create in the first place, our old DBA
gave them to me (also not the default installed files)) into the Net80 directory.
When it worked, I guess I assume SQLNet v2 *.ora files work with Net8. When a
Net8 client uses Net8, the files in the Net80/Admin directory are used. When a
SQLNet v2 cleint uses SQLNet v2, the files in the Network/Admin directory are used.
And for me, that's what magic made it work. Also, I had installed all of my
clients such as D2k and PO8 after the SQLNet v2 and Net8 were installed. The order
of installation might matter, and rebooting after install also is a probably a
good idea. I did this on my Win95 box, other than that nothing special.

Jon T. Day Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 21:52:35 CEST

Original text of this message