Re: PERSONAL ORACLE 8 and DEVELOPER 2000 V2.1

From: Patrick Flahan <flahan_at_southeast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 22:52:27 -0400

[Quoted] I had the same problem and spent about a week with Oracle support trying to get it resolved. They told me to use a listener also, but weren't able to tell how to set it up. I eventually gave up and went back to PO7, too. I have heard a rumor that the new version of PO8 (8.0.4) would not have this problem. Can anyone confirm this?

Patrick Flahan
flahan_at_leading.net

Prasad Chavali wrote in message <6p3i3l$boe$1_at_nnrp02.primenet.com>...
>I tried LSNRCTL80 START and it crashed the machine multiple times. I tried
>from DOS prompt and from windows without luck. I gave up on it and went
>back to Personal Oracle 7. (Why mess with a good thing working).
>
>I would be interested if anybody else was able to accomplish LSNRCTL80 to
>start.
>
>Thanks
>
>Prasad Chavali
>pchavali_at_assettech.com
>
>Darren Capper wrote in message <6p04o6$3c6$1_at_plug.news.pipex.net>...
>>Okay Oracle professionals this is my story so far.....
>>
>>Personal Oracle 8 with D2K v2.1 just didn't want to connect, Plus 8
>>connected
>>okay but developer just couldn't manage it.
>>
>>I created a TAR (Technical Assistance Request) with Oracle support and
>after
>>a while they gave me a solution....D2K uses SQL*Net v2 therefore you need
>>all
>>your ora files in the <ORACLE_HOME>/network/admin directory.
>>
>>Okay I tried this and my original 3121 error disappeared :) Unfortunately
>>got
>>another error, one just as infruiating!!
>>
>>Well after trying loads of suggestions from the forms help group they gave
>>up
>>and passed me over to the SQL*Net group.
>>
>>Today the SQL*Net group gave me what I think is a good solution. They
also
>>said
>>that they had a few other things to try....sounds helpful.
>>
>>Unfortunately I have wiped out Personal Oracle 8 in favour of Person
Oracle