Re: Reports 2.5

From: Joep Hendrix <joep.hendrix_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 11:52:38 +0200

David wrote:

> I have a very simple tabular report with one query and two breaks. It is
> from
> the tutorial (Q_Ordpict --> G_Break --> G_Ordpict).
>
> The 3rd page of the report prints out the headers (Cust ID, Orderdate,
> Total,
> Tax Total) with no data, because the 21 records already printed. This is
> all
> followed by a Grand Total.
>
> Q: How can I suppress the last set of headers based on the fact that there
> are
> no new records?
>
> I already tried three approaches that did not work:
>
> I found out that if I create a counter (based on ordid) at the report level,
> it always displays 21 (because there are 21 records and it resets at the
> report). If I create a counter at the G_Ordpict group (where ordid is
> located), I get a count that could be checked against the report-level
> counter, but Reports does not allow me to check this variable at the header
> trigger (frequency error). If I create a counter that resets at the page
> level (this seems to be the most logical solution), I get an error if I
> reference it (Cause: PL/SQL entered in Format Trigger cannot reference
> columns
> with a Reset At or Compute At of Page.)!!!!
>
> Note: It is a simple matter to suppress detail headers (there is an example
> in
> the report documentation), but it does not apply in this case.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> David S. Ullery
>
> Principal Consultant
> Core Technologies West
> Oracle Consulting Services
> Voicemail: 800.862.4563 Extension: 1514

David,

[Quoted] I reproduced your report problem by defining a page break before on the group that contains the grand total. The result was that at the last page the grant total was shown including the headers (which you would like to avoid).

Because I used the default layout Reports generates an overal group and places all the items in this overall group. My solution is: drag out the group that contains the grant total (click confine first) and it should work fine.

Joep Received on Sun Jul 26 1998 - 11:52:38 CEST

Original text of this message