Forms 4.5: making a "multicolumn" list item?

From: H. John C. Hopkins <john_nospam_at_hpe.ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:08:58 -0400

Hello.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm trying to emulate a dynamically generated multicolumn (i.e., >2 columns) t-list a la MS Access's multicolumn list box. The two-column limitation of list items means I must find a workaround.

One thought was to make a multi-record block behave like a list item.

The other thought was to make a t-list, set its font to a monospaced font, and dynamically populate the list by concatenating the various "label" columns into one column (each separated by a '|' character, perhaps). Unfortunately, that would mean deviating from the standard variable-width font used in the app.

Any best practices here?

Many thanks,
John C. Hopkins
Programmer/Analyst Received on Wed Jun 24 1998 - 20:08:58 CEST

Original text of this message