Re: Forms 4.5: making a "multicolumn" list item?

From: Michael Krolewski <vandra_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 08:21:08 -0700

[Quoted] Read up on generating a list. The LOV (list of values) has multiple columns -- although only
[Quoted] the first column can contain information that is passed back to the application. The first
[Quoted] column can be hidden. Thus a foreign key could be in the first column, hidden and the
[Quoted] more discriptive fields displayed.

[Quoted] It is possible to construct your own list with one or more columns. The disadvantage is that
you have to do more work. Originally, forms did not support any user list. So you had to
[Quoted] populate the list, provide navigation, etc. I believe Formst 4.5 has built in support.
[Quoted] The advantage of your own list is that you can use more than one column eg two foreign keys
[Quoted] or which column is the "result".

Mike Krolewski