Password verification in a forms 5.0 session

From: Ravi Alluru <ravi_at_fifthd.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 16:33:46 -0600

Hi All!
[Quoted]   We have a requirement in a particular form (Forms 5,D2000 r 2.1.Oracle 8) where by we a need a user to login as a differnt user in the middle of a run [Quoted] time session in case he does not have sufficient previlges to do a certain task.My problem is that i can show an alert and prompt the user to type in a [Quoted] valid oracle userid of the person who has th previlege of doing so.I do check the userid for a role on the database based on a database package but there is no way i can verify the passowrd for that oracle userid. I know you can create users and assign passords from within a form using form_ddl
eg. forms_ddl('CREATE USER <NAME> IDENTIFIED BY >PASSOWRD>') but is there any way of verifing the password of an existing oracle account.This is a very imp feature in our applc as it involves paying out cash to people.
Any help or information on the above will be very valuable. Thanking you in anticipation
Ravi Alluru Received on Thu Jun 25 1998 - 00:33:46 CEST

Original text of this message