Re: Calculating Totals in Forms

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1998/03/07

> :form_total_field := :form_total_field + :individual_form_record_number
> This returns an error "to many declarations of + match this call"

The "too many declarations" it is probably because one of the items, either :form_total_field or :individual_form_record_number is not defined as a number. It has nothing to do with the post-query trigger except that you have tried to perform the invalid arithmetic in that trigger. Don't you wish Oracle would improve some of their pl/sql error messages--like this one?

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable utility form -- Display and update any table.