Re: GO_RECORD problem

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1998/03/07

Go_Record(65534) implies that you have fetched at least 65534 records into your Forms block. This would probably take about a week to do... if your client had enough memory to store all the column values and related data for all those rows. I doubt that you have that many rows in your block, so I wonder what you are really intending to do with the go_record command.

Any time your form has more than a hundred or so rows in a block, things get pretty slow, and you probably need to find ways of querying fewer rows.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable utility form -- Display and update any table.