Personal Oracle Lite/Developer 2000 known bug

From: Jim <cramerj_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1998/03/07

[Quoted]         If anyone is struggling with Developer 2000 trying to use a table from POLite, stop the pain! After 5 sleepless, I finally got a hold of Oracle support and they said this is a KNOWN bug! It was SO known that it took the support guy almost a half hour to find it! Then he told me that Personal Oracle WOULD work, and after another hour, I found out that they would NOT send me an evaluation copy of the software! WOW, what support! No wonder Microsoft is sooooo scared!

        Here is the exact nature of the error. In the Form Builder (data block wizard), when you try to type a column name in, you get an Oracle 01012 error (not logged on). However, your connect shows no error message. No tables show up, so the Data Block Wizard is useless. Oracle said that this is a known bug with the ODBC connection and a fix should be in place by mid-April (wanna bet!), They also said that you could create the Form "manually", which I tried without success!

        Their support would not even send me an evaluation copy of the Personal Oracle software. They said to They said I could download it from the Web. Sure, only 180 meg! What else would I this weekend! Good luck to all!

                                                                                        Jim

btw: There is also a TAR out for the complete lack of documentation in Developer 2000, Version 2! If you have an Oracle Rep, please add your name to this list. Someday Oracle may even wake up and find out that people actually use computers at home! :-) Received on Sat Mar 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message