Calculating Totals in Forms

From: <dave_at_potts-mullarkey.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/05

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am trying to create a total field on a form, which is derived from the total of selected form records eg
SMITH 2
JONES 3
JAMES 3 TOTAL 8 The form records are being generated from a query and the code to calculate the total is in a POST-QUERY trigger.
[Quoted] Logic tells me that since the trigger fires for each record brought into the [Quoted] block I should be able to do something simple like:

[Quoted] :form_total_field := :form_total_field + :individual_form_record_number

This returns an error "to many declarations of + match this call"

I have referred to all the Oracle help, and Lulushi, but the best I can find [Quoted] is a reference to the POST-QUERY trigger which states that it is commonly used for calculating running totals-but how??!! Any help on a most frustrating problem would be gratefully appreciated

Dave Ingram