VB and Oracle

From: Alan Yost <alan.yost_at_Alphawest.com.au>
Date: 1997/09/08

[Quoted] I have created a number of successful VB/Oracle and Access/Oracle applications that are mainly report centric and require minimal data entry. [Quoted]  Recently I wrote a VB/Oracle application that was more transactional based.

From this experience I am concerned that VB and Oracle are not really suitable together as a serious front-end/back-end environment for a transaction based system. I had to use the Intersolv ODBC drivers to get any type of reliable performance but I still have my doubts over the suitability of these tools together.

[Quoted] I might also add that I really wish the two worked together in harmony as I [Quoted] have been programming in VB since VB 1 but mainly in a non client/server environment. i.e. VB/Access.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Are there other developers out there who are successfully creating large scaled client/server applications using VB and Oracle that are happy with these two tools and if so what the hell are you guys doing right???? Received on Mon Sep 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message