Re: VB and Oracle

From: Dr. Memory <orphan-annie_at_dont.your-eyes>
Date: 1997/09/08

[Quoted] A mist arosy from the scrying-bowl, and "Alan Yost" <alan.yost_at_Alphawest.com.au> was heard to utter:

>Are there other developers out there who are successfully creating large
>scaled client/server applications using VB and Oracle that are happy with
>these two tools and if so what the hell are you guys doing right????

We're getting decent performance using Oracle Objects for OLE, but due to network overhead we wound up writing a database layer that does caching using a local Access database. Received on Mon Sep 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message