Re: Designer 2000 Generators

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/08/13

[Quoted] Basically, all of your changes done in Developer/2000 are being lost.

Des2k Webserver forms are generated directly from Des2k. The module type should be "Screen" and the language "Oracle Webserver". You basically use the Module Data Diagrammer and Preferences to define/tune/modify the module.

Derek Licciardi <kressilac_at_unidial.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
> Does anyone know what the limitations of the Designer2000 WebServer
>generator are with respect to forms and reports. My company wishes to
>develop using Designer 1.3.2 and Developer 1.4w. We are currently
>designing the module generating it and editing in Developer and the
>reverse engineering into Designer to generate the WebServer code from
>Designer. My boss is looking for a semi detailed list of shortcomings
>this procedure will have. Any help, comments, pointers etc etc would be
>helpful.
> I do realize that as soon as a browser supports JDK 1.1.2 or higher
>this problem will begin to fade but until that happens the whole Java
>appletviewer/Developer2000 cartridge and such is just not a real
>feasable solution.
>
>Thanks,
>Derek Licciardi
>
>ps please send to both email addresses as my work does not have
>newsgroup access yet.
>--
>Derek Licciardi
>kressilac_at_unidial.com
>dlicciardi_at_tcipro.com

-JJ

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 415-571-7092, FAX: 800-665-1379 CompuServe: 76702,456  Internet: 76702.456_at_compuserve.com     Received on Wed Aug 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message