Re: Developer/2000 JAVA generation?

From: Dan Townsend <townsend_at_tcdb.com>
Date: 1997/02/28

I got the impression from an Oracle representative at a recent Northern California Oracle User Group meeting that 'Webbed' Developer/2000 forms would take advantage of the Toolkit interface to produce a Java interface for browsers. He mad it sound like the form runtime executable would be running on an NT server emitting Java for the interface, rather than having Developer/2000 generate a native Java version of the form. This has its pros and cons. The pro: Possibly only one version of the .FMX file to deploy. The con: No native Java.

It would be interesting if Developer/2000 generated native Java. That would make it possible to generate your way out of reliance on Developer/2000 forms. Now, who thinks Oracle has not thought of that!

Dan Townsend, T&C Database
http://www.tcdb.com mailto:townsend_at_tcdb.com