Re: Column Encryption

From: Frederic Bouquet <fbouquet_at_cornut.fr>
Date: 1997/02/28

mplantin_at_rci.rogers.com,CINet writes: <<
I am looking to find software that will encrypt/decrypt data at the column level. In addition, I would like to be able grant a specific role or userid the ability to decrypt the data when they access it.

Looking for ideas!!!!

I don't know if this will help a lot, but the cilink middleware provide you the possibility to plug on the client and on the server side, your own additional external module (compression, crypt, ...). So you will have the possibility to do whatever you want.

More info on www.cornut.fr

HTH --->> On our site a SHAREWARE SQL Query Tool <<------- --->> & a middleware much faster than SQL*Net <<-------

Frederic BOUQUET             Client/Server & SQL RDBMS
email: fbouquet_at_cornut.fr       http://www.cornut.fr/