Re: Agile methodologies.

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 03:50:44 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 21:20:45 +1100, Noons wrote:

> I have managed quite a few projects and never seen such crass
> incompetence as what agile and other "internet era" "kewl" project
> notions have caused.

The failures with agile methodology happen too frequently for that methodology to be considered reliable and proven. The alleged advantages of that methodology are
1) Getting rid of QA
2) Decreasing the amount of technical knowledge necessary to successfully

   finish the project.

Unfortunately, the results are less than spectacular. I am frequently accused of being too old. This accusation is forgotten as soon as there is a deep application problem. One of the philosophies that always go hand in hand with the agile methodology is implementing business rules in the applications. There is a funny tale of two applications in a book store, one sending emails about the new editions and another one deactivating  accounts which haven't purchased anything for 3 months. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer