Re: Another newsgroup gone - may they rest in peace.

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 04:13:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 18:42:28 +1000, Noons wrote:

> Akshally, the solution would be very simple:
> filter out anything coming from gmail.
> Unfortunately Mladen uses a gmail address here, and I'd never filter
> him.
> So, I just don't post. Other than veeeeeery occasionally.

Gmail is not the problem. I don't use Google to post. Unfortunately Joel and Vsevolod sometimes do. I was filtering out Google groups but then guys like Joel and Vsevolod keep using it. The latest post by Vsevolod, the one about AIX memory, was posted using Google Groups. Simply put, if you feel like you need to use Google Groups - don't.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer