just a question (virtual machines)

From: gs <gs_at_gs.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 21:33:52 GMT

My workplace is seriously considering going to virtual machines for most of the servers, including database servers. We are a windows shop and have several VMware servers running test env's now. I am not in favour of running production db's on vm's, but I don't have the final say here.

Having said that, I have had many test db's on vms for over two years now and they have been trouble free.. I'm recommending that we take a good look at Oracle's VM if we go this route, but I know I'll hit resistance here too.

I haven't had a chance to download and play with Oracles vm yet, so I don't know a lot about it.

If you were told you were going to all vm's for database servers, would you be comfortable with VMware or would you fight tooth & nail to go with Oracle's? Received on Tue May 12 2009 - 16:33:52 CDT

Original text of this message