Re: how much swap for 10g on a 4Gb RAM system?

From: obakesan <pellicleundies_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 05:56:48 GMT

Hi DA

In article <1217440565.268474_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com>, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
[snip]
> [...]

DA, please note again this sentence above

> with

and than indeed my quoted text from the readings ...

[snip]

>> Why do so many have to be full of scarcastic or negative responces? Does it
>> make you feel better, or are you just so bored that you can take time to
>> reply to things you feel do not deserve a reply?

>http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/install.102/b15660/toc.htm
>Click on "2 Preinstallation Tasks"
>Click on "2.1 Logging in to the System as root"
>Scroll down to "2.2 Checking the Hardware Requirements"
>
>Had you read the installation requirements, I presumed, you would
>not have asked the question.

well, perhaps people like you do not have any sence of asking why is this so, but others (like me) do.

so do you have any answer to my question (perhaps discussion on the *why* rather than the citeing of the "law") or did you just "follow along" like any good automaton?

>Oracle makes basic database installation tasks amazingly simple.
>All that is required is to read the materials provided for free.

I see, comprehension is not required, only compliance. You don't work for the "government" do you?

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer Motorcyclist and dingbat blog: http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/

please remove undies for reply Received on Thu Jul 31 2008 - 00:56:48 CDT

Original text of this message