Re: how much swap for 10g on a 4Gb RAM system?

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:56:11 -0700

obakesan wrote:
> Hi
> In article <>, DA Morgan
> <> wrote:

>> obakesan wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I'm just going through installing 10g and wondered about the swap
>>> requirements. The documents I'm reading suggest:
>>> " Swap space should be twice the amount of RAM for systems with 2GB of
>>> RAM or less and between one and two times the amount of RAM for systems with
>>> more than 2GB. "

> [snip]
>> The installation docs can be found at
>> Read the instructions. It is that simple.

> I though that it was clear that from posting a quote from the instructions, I
> had read the instructions, and decided to ask a question.
> Why do so many have to be full of scarcastic or negative responces? Does it
> make you feel better, or are you just so bored that you can take time to
> reply to things you feel do not deserve a reply?
> See Ya
> (when bandwidth gets better ;-)
> Chris Eastwood
> Photographer, Programmer Motorcyclist and dingbat
> blog:
> please remove undies for reply Click on "2 Preinstallation Tasks"
Click on "2.1 Logging in to the System as root" Scroll down to "2.2 Checking the Hardware Requirements"

Had you read the installation requirements, I presumed, you would not have asked the question.

Oracle makes basic database installation tasks amazingly simple. All that is required is to read the materials provided for free.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group