Re: how much swap for 10g on a 4Gb RAM system?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:56:11 -0700

obakesan wrote:
> Hi
>
> In article <1217345394.614333_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com>, DA Morgan
> <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:

>> obakesan wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm just going through installing 10g and wondered about the swap
>>> requirements. The documents I'm reading suggest:
>>>
>>> " Swap space should be twice the amount of RAM for systems with 2GB of
>>> RAM or less and between one and two times the amount of RAM for systems with
>>> more than 2GB. "

> [snip]
>
>> The installation docs can be found at http://tahiti.oracle.com.
>> Read the instructions. It is that simple.

> I though that it was clear that from posting a quote from the instructions, I
> had read the instructions, and decided to ask a question.
>
> Why do so many have to be full of scarcastic or negative responces? Does it
> make you feel better, or are you just so bored that you can take time to
> reply to things you feel do not deserve a reply?
>

> See Ya
> (when bandwidth gets better ;-)
>
> Chris Eastwood
> Photographer, Programmer Motorcyclist and dingbat
> blog: http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/
>
> please remove undies for reply

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/install.102/b15660/toc.htm Click on "2 Preinstallation Tasks"
Click on "2.1 Logging in to the System as root" Scroll down to "2.2 Checking the Hardware Requirements"

Had you read the installation requirements, I presumed, you would not have asked the question.

Oracle makes basic database installation tasks amazingly simple. All that is required is to read the materials provided for free.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor