Re: how much swap for 10g on a 4Gb RAM system?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:15:32 -0700

obakesan wrote:
> Hi DA
>
> In article <1217440565.268474_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com>, DA Morgan
> <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
> [snip]

> DA, please note again this sentence above

I did ... but you gave no indication you were looking at Oracle's published installation doc. You said, generically, some document I found somewhere says ... and thus I responded to what you wrote.

>> Oracle makes basic database installation tasks amazingly simple.
>> All that is required is to read the materials provided for free.

> I see, comprehension is not required, only compliance. You don't work for the
> "government" do you?

No. Read my signature line ... I teach the Oracle program at the University of Washington, own a consulting company, and spend my copious spare time in research, sailing and traveling.

And I can cite many many cases where the recommendations made by software companies, including Oracle, are wrong. This just isn't one of them.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor