ASM Question - Best Practice

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:51:07 +0100

Our application will likely use Oracle 10g (probably 10.2.0.4) on AIX v6, using an EMC Symmetrix SAN. The environment doesn't exist yet - we are at the planning stage.

The intention is to use ASM. So first question: The mirroring can be done within ASM; i.e. by Oracle, or we can do it at the SAN level.

Any advice or recommendations as to which is likely to be better? Availability and resilience will probably rank ahead of performance in terms of user requirements.

Thanks,
Palooka Received on Mon Jun 02 2008 - 17:51:07 CDT

Original text of this message