Re: How to find out version and install security patches?

From: joel garry <>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 15:44:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 2, 2:03 pm, "A. Farber" <> wrote:

> I was initially intending to export complete database
> every night to a file on a NetApp (we have 2 NetApps),
> but now I'll better try to use RMAN.

Personally, if I have the room and processing time, I do both logical and physical backups, with some extra redundancy on each. I can't tell you how many times it's saved my butt, and I've saved a lot of other people's. And it's really fun to watch the really serious screwups people have done with *gres and SQL Server.

-- is bogus.
word: nesinga