Re: Migration to Oracle

From: <>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 01:33:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi Morgan

> The best solution to your problem is to dump the SQL Server data as
> delimited ASCII, preferably not comma delimited, and then use SQL*Loader
> to get it into Oracle. It isn't a dumbed down GUI. Which is why it does
> such a phenomenally good job.

i think i don't understand what you say !!! your solution is for moving data to oracle. is this correct? so what about Tables,Views,Procedures,Functions,Trigger and ... . i should move first these objects then moving data. can i move these object to an Empty schema in my destination oracle database by Sql*Loader??

> Probably not because it is the wrong tool for the job.
SqlDeveloper as i think is a tool for Migration database? is this correct???

thanks alot
Best Regards Received on Mon Mar 03 2008 - 03:33:08 CST

Original text of this message