Is there any way to know oracle connection is invalid when some one is trying to shutdown oracle service

From: vijay <vksinghbhu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 02:20:30 -0800 (PST)

Platform : VC++ 2005
Datababse : Oracle, SQLServer, MS Access OS : XP, Window 2003

Hi,

I have developed an application which uses OleDb to open connection. Once
connection is open program cache this connection for further use. Some time
connection become invalid. To validate connection I am using DBPROP_CONNECTIONSTATUS property. During shutdown of oracle service sql query fails whenever DBPROP_CONNECTIONSTATUS returns valid connection. Is there any way to know oracle connection is invalid when some one is trying to shutdown oracle service?

Thanks in advance.

Vijay Singh
EDISPHERE Received on Mon Mar 03 2008 - 04:20:30 CST

Original text of this message