Re: OCCI Connection Pool on Oracle RAC

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2005 21:21:07 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> Where it indicates "server-side service attributes" supersede
> client-side settings. So parts of it are also on the server.

I wrote a note about Oracle load balancing and failover at http://rootshell.be/~yong321/oranotes/LoadBalanceAndFailover.txt (Any critique is very welcome.)

The last two paragraphs talk about server- vs. client- side load balancing. But I think it should also apply to failover. Basically, it's possible to separate the server and client attribute of the feature by setting or unsetting certain database parameters, particularly remote_listener. That way, you can tell which feature does what.

Yong Huang Received on Thu Oct 06 2005 - 23:21:07 CDT