Re: Resources for estimating hardware requirements

From: Billy <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 6 Oct 2005 22:20:48 -0700

BigBoote66_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for the info Billy. Can I ask you, why would you recommend RAC
> over a single server? Just for growth purposes? Or is it for
> availability reasons?

Both. And because of the data volumes. Dealing with that large voilumes.. I doubt that queries will stay to "only processing a few thousand rows" at a time. Also sounds like the customer is not sure just what he wants. What the growth will be like. What the expectations and requirements will be this time next year.

So this is rather open ended. And one would want an "open ended" (scalable) architecture. RAC is exactly that.

--
Billy