Re: Why is "shutdown abort", then backup bad

From: <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2005 05:50:22 -0700

> Oh, give me a break! Who are you to speak of "the audience
> opinions of them"? Are you a mind reader?

You've missed the point again.

I haven't claimed to be a mind reader. I read comp.databases.oracle.* I am posting to c.d.o.s. The audience I'm referring to is the audience in c.d.o.*. It is this audience who regularly, very regularly, uses expletives to describe those guys because they are so often rude. They are often rude without provocation too. And when you read the follow-up messages from the postings these guys make, you will find that it is not just me, far from it, that objects to the tone of these men. So the question is not "Who are you to speak of..." as you write. The judgement has already been made so often by the audience in this and related newsgroups. You argument is therefore with *all* of them. Rudeness is tolerated at various levels by various people. The frequency and level of rudeness used by Daniel Morgan and Sybrand Bakker is their problem. This is one reason why Daniel Morgan and Sybrand Bakker receive such bad press.

My argument Mladen Gogala is that you were rude by writing RTFM. The rest of what you write is just you trying to climb out of a hole you have dug for yourself.

Barry Received on Mon Aug 08 2005 - 07:50:22 CDT