Re: 10g Database Configuration Assistant fails with code ORA-12546

From: Wes Harrison <nospam_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 22:48:04 +1000

"Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:dd0aht$4kg$1_at_news2.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> create database, custom, orcl, select whatever
> you want to configure, but never select the finish button,
> until at the last screen.
> On the last (#12) screen, uncheck 'Create Database', and
> check Generate Database Creation Scripts.

Are we talking about the same Oracle/DBCA version? Mine does not have "Generate Database Creation Scripts" on screen 12. The choices are "Create Database" or "Save as Template". If I choose the latter I get an XML file which I don't know how I am supposed to run.

Anyway, the plot thickens... Out of interest, I tried installing 32-bit Windows XP Professional on this machine and then installed the same version of Oracle namely 10g 10.1.0.2 and it worked like a dream. The DBCA created the database perfectly. I put 64-bit Windows Server 2003 on it again and I was back at square one with the permission denied error. So the problem has something to do with the way Oracle interacts with Windows Server 2003 x64.

Does that shed any more light on the problem?

Thanks,

Wes Received on Mon Aug 08 2005 - 07:48:04 CDT