Setting Appropriate Resource Costs

From: nirav <shivam71_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2005 05:55:41 -0700

Hi Experts,

I want to know how to properly set composite limit for assigning to a profile. Oracle docs says:
"

Setting Resource Costs
Each Oracle database server environment has its own characteristics. Some system resources can be more valuable in one environment than another. Oracle enables you to assign the following resources a weight, which then affects their contribution to a total resource cost:

CPU_PER_SESSION
LOGICAL_READS_PER_SESSION
CONNECT_TIME
PRIVATE_SGA.

"

Here each of the 4 resource is by default having a value 0. If I have to assign a value , which values should I assign to each of these 4 resources? I just don't know which values are reasonable for normal OLTP database.

Thx.. Received on Mon Aug 08 2005 - 07:55:41 CDT