Re: Why is "shutdown abort", then backup bad

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:24:58 GMT

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 04:12:39 -0700, bbulsara23 wrote:

> I did not consciously attempt to pick you out from the crowd Mladen.
> This group can be a bit tight nit and often people are challenged not
> on the way they write something, but the way they write something and
> who they are. If Daniel Morgan or Sybrand Bakker had written "RTFM", it
> would have just reconfirmed the audience opinions of them.

Oh, give me a break! Who are you to speak of "the audience opinions of them"? Are you a mind reader?
I will use whatever language I think is appropriate for the given situation. I will not allow you to police my language or force your opinion on me. Phrases like RTFM are a part of computer jargon, for a reason. The infamous f-word is a part of the English language for a reason. Those abbreviations and words would not exist if there was no need for them. You, as a self appointed language police are beginning to bore me so I will end this debate right here. EOD.

--
http://www.mgogala.com