RAID 5 vs RAID 10 benchmark

From: Jan <janik_at_pobox.sk>
Date: 25 Nov 2004 02:22:35 -0800

Several scientific (or logical) conclussions were already made about RAID 5
that this is not the best option for write intensive databases. It seems very logical also to me when I read arguments against RAID 5.

But I`m confused by following benchmark showing that it is not worthful anymore (at least for a tested storage) to thinks about RAID 5 vs RAID 10 from the performance point of view.

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/storage/disk/ess/pdf/raid5-raid10.pdf

Jan Received on Thu Nov 25 2004 - 04:22:35 CST