Re: When should Coding Start ?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2004 01:51:26 -0800

robert <rchin_at_nietspampanix.com> wrote in message news:<co31t1$t5r$1_at_reader1.panix.com>...
> Say we are to build a new DB
> so we do spec, requirement gathering, user interview...etc, etc
> and finally data modeling.....
>
> My question is:
> At what stage of this whole process should app coding begin ???
>
> Should it be when we are confident that modeling is near
> <fill_in>% "good-to-go" and we have imported <fill_in>% of data from old
> db ?
>
> thanks for your inputs

Just look at any successfull product development life cycle. Software development is no different. Programming part of the Software development is similar to when you physically start building the end product in a workshop. You have to plan, design etc etc way before picking up a screw driver.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Thu Nov 25 2004 - 03:51:26 CST