Re: Oracle 9ias Server

From: sPh <sphealeyxxx_at_xxxworldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:14:53 GMT

 > Hans Forbrich wrote:

> I suggest you get your Oracle sales rep to bring in one or more core-tech
> presales consultants (instead of the usual functional consultants) to
> review the stack with you. You might be pleasantly surprised at what is
> actually there.
>
> If you send me an off-list email with your general location, I might be able
> to recommend some additional sources of useful information.

You have actually found people within Oracle who know _anything_ about 9iAS? I congratulate you; we usually end up explaining to Support how the thing actually works. That is right after Support gives us what we have come to call the "all-purpose 9iAS answer": reformat your system and reinstall everything from your backup tapes. Gee, if I had wanted that solution I would have purchased a Microsoft product to begin with.

sPh Received on Tue Oct 19 2004 - 06:14:53 CDT