MTS and Memory

From: Dave <david.best_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2004 10:03:55 -0700

Hi,

Quick question about MTS and memory consumption... We have a production database unfortunately sitting on NT thus were limited to 1.8 gigs of memory (or somesuch).

Because of the high number of connnections we receive on this database we had to convert to MTS (that is until we can upgrade the OS and increase our memory allocation..)

If I show the SGA I see:

Total System Global Area 908580228 bytes

Fixed Size                   456068 bytes
Variable Size             629145600 bytes
Database Buffers          268435456 bytes
Redo Buffers               10543104 bytes

My large pool is ~400M and shared pool is ~200M. Since we have the large pool defined user sessions should be grabbing its memory from there.

Now my question is, since i'm using MTS how far can I bump up my SGA.. Correct me if i'm wrong but only a portion of the PGA will be allocated outside of the SGA. So are there any formulas which will help me determine how large my SGA can be? (i'd like to be able to increase my pools and cache..)

tnx. Received on Thu Sep 09 2004 - 12:03:55 CDT