Re: MTS and Memory

From: Dave <david.best_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2004 07:35:48 -0700

Sybrand wrote:

"The fact you seem to think large database should also have large SGAs clearly show you really don't know what you are talking about. Either *learn* Oracle, or go somewhere else to insult people."

You don't have any details on my environment yet you are making assumptions that a 400 large pool and 200 shared is big enough in an MTS environment for our workload? You don't know the hardware, you don't know how the environment is used, you don't know if i'm experiencing performance problems yet _you_ jump to conclusions.

So excuse me if I respond with a semi-scarcastic comment but I hope you do a bit more investigation before you recommend changes in your own environment. Received on Fri Sep 10 2004 - 09:35:48 CDT