Re: MTS and Memory

From: Dave <david.best_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2004 10:55:05 -0700

We have two gigs of ram in the box and currently 1.2 gig is being used, 900meg allocated to the SGA. So I would think that I could push another 2-300 megs to the SGA (large pool specifically) so I can handle more users.

The reason we switched to MTS is because we estimated that the database could only handle 535ish dedicated connections. We expect a peak of over 600.

The problem isn't within the application its the number of users and OS limitations... You don't need to lecture me on their choice of OS, i've already lectured them. Received on Thu Sep 09 2004 - 12:55:05 CDT